If you currently use a Version of Galaxy S8/S8 Plus but have never been able to gain Root Access, this post is one for you to learn how to root that Device. You’ll learn how to easily Root a Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus easily without a hassle.
Before anything, i would like to thank the developer team at Chainfire
for their ability to develop CF-Auto-root which is the software we will be using for this operation.
Note: Rooting Process for Samsung Galaxy devices is not the same with other devices. So Look closely
Methods Of Rooting Samsung Galaxy Devices
As long as Samsung Galaxy devices are concerned, there are 2 known methods of rooting. These methods includes:
2. TWRP Or Odin Method
Importance Of Rooting Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus
In case you’re still not sure about the benefits of rooting your device, i’ll make a list of the importance of rooting your device right here.
1. Rooting Your Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus Makes it easy to block annoying ads that pops up while using apps on your phone.
2. Installing Xposed Framework will only be possible after you have rooted your device
3. Installation of Custom ROMS and Kernels becomes possible. This also helps boost your device performance.
What To Do Before You Begin The Rooting Process
1. You must have backed up your data since everything will be lost during the rooting process
2. Ensure your Battery level is at least 80% before you kick start the rooting process of your Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus
3. Enable USB Debugging Option4. Go back to Settings and now you will see a new Developer Options menu. Tap on it and scroll down to find OEM Unlock. Enable it.
5. Also, enable USB debugging option from Developer Options > USB Debugging
Files You’ll Need To Root A Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus with CF Auto Root
Here is a list of files you’ll need to be able to root your Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus with CF Auto Root (Just Click On any of the links below to download and extract Chainfire root tool for your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus)
4. Download Verizon USB Drivers
Rooting Procedures For Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus
1. In order to kick start the rooting process for your device, you must have downloaded as well as unzip the appropriate CF Auto Root Tar File along with the Odin Tool.
2. Boot your Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus Device
This can be done by Pressing the Volume Down Button, Bixby and Power buttons all at the same time (These should be held till “Download Mode is Active” is displayed) see image below
|Figure 1: Showing Volume down, Power and bixby button on Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus
3. As at when you see the “Download Mode is Active” displayed, you’ll see a yellow triangle telling you to press “Volume Up Key to continue. Do this
4. Go to your PC, launch the Odin Tool from the Unzipped Folder in (1) Above. Now with your USB, Connect your phone to your PC.
|Figure 2: Odin User Interface
5. Do you see the “Added!” message on Odin? you must look out for this when your device is connected to Odin
|Figure 3: Showing “Pass” On Odin User Interface
6. Now Click on “AP” Option and select the CF Auto Root Tar File From (1) above
|Figure 4: Showing “AP” on Odin User Interface
7. Hit On Start Button to begin the flashing process. Now since this is usually a long process, it takes time, therefore ensure you grab a seat and chew on some snacks while this happens
|Figure 5: Showing “Start” On Odin User Interface
8. You should be able to spot a “Pass” on Odin.
|Figure 6: Showing “Pass” On Odin User interface
If you see this, “CONGRATULATIONS” Your device will reboot automatically and you can disconnect afterwards.
Yea, that is how To Root Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus With CF-Auto-Root