One of the common issues you’ll have with Samsung’s latest Galaxy S9 Plus is the “Messages has stopped”. This is one minor issue though but trust my users, they’ll want to take it to a techshop in order to have it fixed. Now right here on this page, i am going to teach you How To Fix “Unfortunatetely Messages Has Stopped” On Samsung Galaxy S9 Plusbug on your samsung galaxy S9 Plus.
How to Fix “Messages Has Stopped” Issue On Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
Solution 1: Reboot your phone
Just before you begin Master reset process on your device, try to reboot it first because there are cases wherein issues like this are caused by simple glitches in either the system or the app. Hit that power key and restart your phone and then try to open the app to know if the error still shows up. You may also try to do the Forced Restart procedure which is more effective than the normal reboot. It will refresh your phone’s memory and reloads all apps, services and core functions. To do this, press and hold the volume down and power keys together for 10 seconds or more
Solution 2. Perform A Master Reset
This is one thing i always recommend for new phone owners. In fact, just as soon as i complete payment for the device, i quickly do a master reset in order to ensure the device is as it ought to be but in case you never did this after paying for your own device, you can quickly do this to Stop the “Unfortunately Messages has stopped” Error messages from coming up
How to Perform Master Reset On Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
In order to perform a Master Reset on Samsung galaxy S9 Plus, quickly follow the steps below
1. Turn off device
2. Press on the Volume + button and the Bixby Key. At this point, press the power key
3. As you take on step 2, you’ll see a green android Logo display. Release all keys. On Releasing keys, you’ll get a “Installing system update” message and this would be on display for about 30 – 60 seconds. Now after the installing message, you’ll see the System Recovery Menu Options
4. Punch on Volume Down Key several times till it drops on the “Wipe data/Factory reset”
5. Punch on Power button to confirm the selection
6. Continue punching on Volume Down button till “Yes- Delete all user data” is displayed
7. hit on Power button again to start the master reset process
8. Press on Power Key to restart Device
Now if this buggy message does not stop, try wiping cache partition as explained in solution 3 below
Solution 3: Wipe Cache Partition On Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
Wiping Cache partition enables you delete all temporary files automatically created by the system. There is a great chance that these files could be corrupted for some reason i cannot explain
How to Wipe Cache Partition On Galaxy S9 Plus
1. Power off the S9 Plus
2. Press on Volume UP the Bixby buttons
3. Hold keys in step 2 along with the power button
4. As soon as you see the Green android logo, let go of the buttons
4. Wait for the “Installing system Update” message which stays for about half a minute before the “Android system recovery menu options comes up
5. Hold Volume down button and press it several times to highlight “Wipe Cache Partition
6. Press On Power Button to confirm selection
7. Volume down helps you say “Yes” and then Power Key to confirm
8. Press on Reboot System Now when Wipe cache partition completes
9. Power up your device by pressing the Power button
If error continues, then you can try to reset your messages
Solution 4: Reset Messages
Resetting messages is another effective way to solve the “Messages has stopped” Bug on samsung galaxy S9 Plus
The steps on Resetting Messages on samsung Galaxy S9 Plus are listed below
1. From a Home screen, touch and swipe up or down to display all apps.
2. From a Home screen, navigate: Settings > Apps.
3. Tap App Manager.
4. Locate then tap Messages.
5. Tap Storage.
6. Tap CLEAR CACHE.
7. Tap Cached data.
4. Tap CLEAR.
5. Reboot your phone to refresh its memory.
Now i am sure these have been useful to you in solving the “Unfortunately messages has stopped” error on samsung galaxy s9 plus.
You can share with others by clicking on any of the social media icons on the left side of this page